View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods 10/20 Thursday night, QQ in SB

So whether you agree with the check or not, I have a few questions regarding this protection vs. value situation:

In these FW 10/20 games, how often is a c/r successful, given how people may be interpreting my check on the flop? In this game I think at least half of the table knows I'm going for the c/r. I guess the question becomes, will people have the hands that hit this flop AND want to bet them often enough for me to be successful? For the record, I don't think this check qualifies as playing "passively".

Also, is there something to be said for factoring in the amount of money I will often lose on the turn if I decide to bet/3bet and bloat the pot, and an equity-killer hits the turn? Said another way, I can bet/fold a medium sized pot on the turn, but I'd probably end up having to call down in a huge pot. Maybe its just an issue of variance, but it seems like the latter play, assuming it is correct, has a worse long term expectation, but you are forced to make it due to the size of the pot.

Also, if my hand is still looking good on the turn, obviously I have some shot at protecting in a smaller pot.