View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 05:56 AM

Default Re: What mental skills or functions would you say are important in pok

online memory not that important as you can refer to notes you have made on players,you have to have no fear of losing,if you watch the pros play online some will call big bets when they know they are behind, this proves they are not afraid to gamble and tells the other player you will not dominate me,which gives them an edge as weaker players will tend to fold a lot more when they have marginal hands,
mental strength is very important,a lot of players will self distruct when they reach a final table,moving all in preflop with small pairs, ace 10 in early position, when they have a decent stack ,this i believe is they want to end the hand right there as they are nervous and dont want to play for a lot of chips with marginal hands,if you are on the final table and are relieved when you are not in the bb and get a poor hand so you can fold ,i am not saying everyone is like this but i know i was so it dosent matter how many books you read on poker you will not win if you are afraid to lose