Thread: TLDR Beer Club
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 02:35 AM

Default Re: TLDR Beer Club

hey y'all,

I was recently back east visiting folks and family and tried some more beer. Sorry I got no detailed reviews, just a couple of quick notes.

I don't get dogfish head in Cali, so I headed to the store for some. I picked up a six of the Indian Brown, a 750mL of Black and Blue, and a 12 oz bottle of the 120.

Indian Brown is very solid with a little extra bite than your standard brown ale. I'd probably usually opt for the cheaper versions out there though.

Black and blue was good, but wasn't all that memorable either.

The 120. Two words. Hated it. Poured out half the bottle. Not sure what it was. Just didn't appeal to me at all, and I love hoppy beers. Hate this crap. Never again.

Quick note for any Boston folks who read this: while visiting friends I checked out a bar in Allston called Deep Ellum. It's at Brighton/Cambridge/N. Beacon intersection. The only knock on the place is its in Allston. This place was awesome. I'm assuming its on the new side, as I know it wasn't there when I lived there. Besides the great food, the beer list is incredible. They got everything. Some of the Belgians are pretty expensive and are only available in the 750mL bottle. I must've gone through the Unibroue list (La Fin Du Monde, Maudite, Trois Pistoles, Don de Dieu). Actually, they had Blanche De Chamblay too but I didn't order that. Trois Pistoles was on tap, rest in 12 oz'ers. The waitress was really cool and made fun of pretentious hipsters who order "end of the worlds).

I probably should've ordered more stuff on tap. They had a ton of stuff. I was pretty bombed by the time I found the on tap list anyway, so I just settled for a Racer 5 IPA (incredible). But the list was very long.

Worth checking out. Probably a hipster madhouse on weekends, but we went on a Sunday and it had a decent crowd but nothing overwhelming.