View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 04:24 AM

Default Re: NL25 - representing a set with 55

You don't need to fold preflop when he raises you because you're getting 17.3 to 1 implied odds which is fine for set mining.

Flop donks: I don't know of any flop donk that I personally take as strength. Actually, when I see flop donks of your size, I typically raise on principle. (I don't know that average unknowns interpret this as weakness, but most good players I've seen interpret it was a weak made hand like low pocket pairs or some connection with the flop that's pretty bad.) If you pot-sized the flop, it would be different, but still not best for fold equity. A check-raise has the most fold equity in this situation, especially vs. non ace hands, I think.

Turn raises: A raise (even a check-raise) of less than 3x is not going to really fold out your opponent at this point. Again, if you're going to suddenly represent strength, I think you need to raise more. You're enticing curiosity more than anything with the flop donk/turn c-minnish raise line.

And the river bet! You look like you're betting for value.
Even if you were playing against someone who thought there was a chance you were extracting value from a good hand, you've offered them pretty good odds to look you up on the river and they're probably gonna do it with whatever they got that far with.