View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: this month\'s heads up magazin article

Meh,

It reminds a lot of "Theorycrafting" back in the days of World of Warcraft. People would spend endless days calculating the best gear for their characters, only to see that their calculations didn't work the way they thought they would in practice.

One thing that I did find eerie is that 59% raise from SB is the magic number and I'm surprisingly close at 57.55%.

I don't really believe that the dynamics of HU make it so the BB should be folding LESS than 5/8ths of their hands (as suggested by the article). Being OOP is such a huge huge huge disadvantage, that despite the proper EV math, you simply aren't going to be able to play profitably by playing that much OOP.

The single biggest factor in all of poker are your opponent's tendencies. I'd say this is problem the biggest factor in HU. There's some people I limp nearly ever button (and I believe it's correct) and others that I only 3bet with premium hands (if they are calling nearly all of your 3bets, why play so much OOP when you can wait for large hands?).