View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods Angle Shooter Goes Ballistic

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is just one of the worst conventions - being able to show cards heads up in live action before showdown. It invariably invites comments/advice/reaction from other players whether explicity asked for or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, even in heads up pots it shouldn't be allowed. There is always some genius at the table that has to make his opinion known and it gives free information to the person that is thinking.

Not only that it puts the other player in the hand in an unfair situation. The person that made the bet is forced to stay quiet because speaking up will usually give away the strength of his hand.

Its a stupid tactic should be banned all together. I wouldn't go so far as to call it angle shooting, but its certainly not fair.

-Jerry

[/ QUOTE ]

I see no reason to not allow this in a heads up situation. What you do need to do is require the player that is exposing his cards to make it clear that he is not folding. If as stated in the OP the player pushed his cards forward then i would be inclined to considre that a muck. But I have seen plenty of players announce that they aren't folding , keep there hands or a chip on the cards as soon as they are exposed clearly indicating that they aren't folding.

As to players talking about the hand, those players need to be addressed but it doesn't matter whether cards are exposed or not they need to be told to STFU.