View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Official Review Thread: markbris $10/$100K win

I watched the first ~450 hands, although I only watched hands you were involved in so my comments don't accomodate for table dynamics. There wasn't much that was non-standard as far as I could tell, there were a few other hands I might have played differently but these were the only ones where I thought I found mistakes.

Hand 62 - This is fairly close but I would normally fold. To shove I would need some sort of read that villain was very tight. Make it 2 or 3bb shorter effective stacks and I think it's fine against all except very loose villains.

Hand 82 - I probably iso shove here unless bb was a complete nit and I would feel comfortable folding to a shove from him (would have to be shoving only ~TT+/AK).

Hand 106 - Preflop is close but a call is probably fine. I check/fold this flop a lot though as most unknowns won't semi-bluff into a dry side pot so you'll almost never be made to fold the best hand and there's very little value either as you won't get called by anything less than an A (maybe a high pp with a diamond).

Hand 129 - I don't know if this was the bubble or anyting but I wouldn't normally raise this from EP. I also check back the flop a lot as getting c/r here sucks when you probably have ~7 outs if behind.

Hand 148 - I fold this unless both blinds were really tight. Getting shoved on by sb sucks as you're getting great odds but will still have a closeish decision as your hand is so bad. Also the bb is so short that he's going to be looking for a spot to get it in so will normally be calling/shoving quite wide.

Hand 271 - If villain had been opening at all often in LP then I'm shoving this a lot.

Hand 285 - You seem to flat call everywhere I'd iso and shove everywhere I'd flat. Here I'm wanting action so I'll flat call to try to get weaker hands to overshove behind.

I will hopefully watch the last 300 or so hands of the FT bubble/FT some other time. Congratulations on the big score.