View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: 10k Hands - what the hell is wrong with my stats?

[Please keep in mind I'm new as well and I'm learning as much from this as you are; my information should not be held in as high esteem as others.]

As far as I can see you played hand #1 quite well, standard, and picked up a lot of loose money.

In hand 2 I'd be somewhat wary of coming back over the top of his preflop raise, and if you made a read on him then I would assume it is justifiable.

In hand 3 I think it's 50/50 to even make it to the flop. He raised 3.5 BB so he has something, and if it's a PP you're instantly outmatched 75% of the time. If not he's probably got two higher cards which stand around a 40% chance of busting you. When the flop hits you're in bad position, with a horribly low pair and a horribly low flush draw. A pot sized bet is not the decision, and I think I would check because it's very likely someone caught that flop. When someone re-raises and another pushes you should be out immediately. This is a good example of losing a lot in a pot you should have not involved yourself in.

Finally, hand 4. I don't know about re-raising his raise pre-flop and I'd think about calling depending on your read on him. Him catching the 2 is a bad beat, and your biggest lesson should be having a sizeable bankroll will allow you to prosper over time as these people play these hands. You'll probably win 75% of the time on this hand if you continually replayed it, and so you'll make MUCH more than you will lose. Bad beat.