View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: NBA: Gold Medal Super Star Theory

I still don't get this whole self serving knock on the article. Have you guys looked at the actual list in the first article?

I'll now list ALL the Gold and Silver Medal Superstars that currently play

GMS
Duncan and Shaq (okay they both won championships but would still be up here without them)

SMS

Garnett- no championship
Kobe- piggy backed on shaq (self fufilling prophecy i'll give you guys this one)
Iverson- no championship
Kidd- no championship
Gary Payton- got one championship, but he didn't win the mvp on the Heat team so he got no bonus points for winning
Steve Nash- no championship
McGrady- no championship
Grant Hill- no championship
Nowitzki- no championship

BMS
Mourning- got his with shaq, but along with GP didn't win mvp in the champ series so gained nothing from winning
Webber- same scenario as with mourning and payton
LeBron James- no championship
Ben Wallace- 4 or 5 team DPOY don't think he won mvp on his championship team? I could be wrong here so i'll give you guys self fufilling on this one
Jermaine O'Neal- no championship

So there you have it. Of all the players currently known as superstars only 3 of them (at most) have probably gotten their rankings by self fufilling prophecies. I would even argue that Kobe always gets MVP votes, 1st team defense, and 1st team all nba votes, so he shouldn't count.

So, I would like you guys to explain to me how this is a self fufilling article when only a few people can possibly be pointed to as piggybacking to titles?