View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Continuation bet and turn )

yeah red, i think this is the ultimate question of how good you are. How many times you can get in right out of one hundred say. Anyone can play tight, raise the right hands, play position, make continuation bets, know pot odds, push all in with monsters, slow play and defend made hands to draws/flushes,. What determines the poor/average players like myself and the good players is this type of flop play when u've missed. I remember watching William Thorsen in a tourney and i've never seen such a good flop player. He was just getting it right 90% of time, knew exactly where he was. Even calling some players down with Ahigh which was funny and getting it right.

Its very complex, even reading the player. His holding, how aggressive is he? can you take him off it, is he a calling station. Your getting into some serious probability and overall EV which is way beyond my pea size brain ahah. lol i've only been playing six months but i'd hoped it would have started to kick it. But is hasn't ahahh. This marginal jazz has got my head in a spin lol.