View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Interesting Grants and Loans situation

[ QUOTE ]
eeeeee...I did not realize the pay in NC was lower than it was here. I thought it would almost certainly be higher. Really though, all that matters for that is the comparison of standard of living too.

One thing I had thought about (I hope I didn't already mention this in this thread, but I'm lazy and not checking), is the idea of--if possible--getting hired in the burbs area somewhere and working for a few years there and make a ton of money and save save save. Then move back to local area when the time is right (read: job openings), and have some nice cash to sit on here for a bit and live a little easier.

I am disappointed to find that out about NC and SC. I really didn't think they'd pay less than the ol' midwest (non-chicago) areas. The weather woudl still be an improvement though. Maybe I will have to make an excuse to roadtrip to NC next summer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well NC and SC don't have the money that states like IL and NY do, so pay ends up being lower. Cost of living isn't that much lower (that depends on where in each state you're comparing obviously).