View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 10:35 AM

Default Re: NL100, howto maximize hidden quads

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure I'm behind when CO raises and it gets called twice...

[/ QUOTE ] lol [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Yeah, not sure I would have made the call PF with that hand myself (I tend to prefer 67s-89s better, as they have just a little bit more going for them in strength and I've just been reading Doyle Brunson's section on NLHE in SuperSystem2 again!) but I'm also a total nit.

I think calling the turn, then having a think and pushing on the river is better. CO says he's got a decent pair so I don't really see too many scare cards for him (you might even get really lucky when Villain hits his set/'nut' boat).

Your min raise and shove does start to look very much like a 4, despite the PF action. You really expect to get a call if you shove on the river and CO does have a big pair although, given the fold on the turn, I wonder what he really did have...

Incidentally, I really try to avoid min raises (especially min c/rs) myself because they tend to scream "monster". I love seeing other, predictable players doing it, though, because I know exactly where I am in the hand - which is practically dead. For that reason, in fact, leading out on the turn might actually have disguised your hand better.