View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #3 Flop

I'm mostly posting because it's proper to do so before commenting on the firecracker that is (according to strassa) about to explode on the upcoming threads. It's pretty simple so far.

1- Steal raising at this level?
MLG hit it pretty hard. Winning 30 chips is barely in my mind with this raise, its more being in control of a pot in position with deep stacks and a disguised hand. This is poker, and it's a lot of fun.

2- Flop action/thoughts?
I bet this flop against an unknown here like 100% of the time, almost praying for a semibluff raise. It looks like a continuation bet (which i make with a FAT range of hands here) but doesn't let a guy who's done with the hand walk into a straight by accident with his 66. If I get checkraised I rejoice and call and go from there, probably putting in a nice turn raise.

3- Turn action/thoughts
Probalby getting more money in becasue my hand is nice and disguised and I'm ahead a huge chunk of the time. If the turn card is scary it will likely scare him as much as me if he has any kind of a made hand. In that case I probably just call his turn bet and reevaluate the river. Hopefully if something like the 2h falls on the turn and he bets I can call and value bet the river (or check behind if need be) after he checks to me. If he leads the turn and river on a scary board I'll either evaluate based on his bets or use my spidey sense. Can't spell it out here in any case.

4- Additional thoughts (here, a question)
Open limping here is interesting. The problem is that you know so little about your opponents hands, and don't have nearly as much potential to play a (good) big pot. You'll lose a lot more big pots here, since the parameters are so much less defined. That doesn't mean it's not profitable just that it can get very tricky.

On with the show!

Everett