View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Fold this AK PF?

[ QUOTE ]
Well, we know the hero's exact hand so that obviously should be entered. We also know that the villain cannot hold Ac or Kd. As far as JJ/TT, if the villain is folding half of those you HAVE to remove HALF of the possibilities from Pokerstove to be accurate. I don' think it makes a HUGE difference which you remove. Yes, it might diminish the possibility of making a flush but the hero will only win with a flush a fairly small percentage of the time. But you MUST remove half of the possibilities if you say the villain will only call with half.

In my first example, there were 36 possible hands of which the villain would fold 9 (AQs, half of TT, half of JJ). If you enter the villain's range in PokerStove as TT+, AK you're giving him 33 possibilities, not 27. If you only include half of TT and JJ, now you've got the correct 27 number of possibilities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lloyd,

So how did you decide which 3 pairs of J's & T's to use? Did you give them a chance to make a flush with both cards, or just one, or not at all?

I ran it with AKo v. TT+,AKo,AKs without specifying suits:
AKo wins 27.16% & draws 13.23%

Are you looking at the equity where it's 40.392 for Hero and 59.608 for Villian? Is that what you are using to quote 40/60 Dog?

Hero may be a 40/60 Dog, but that's equity. Villian only wins 46.38% of the time & ties 13.23%. That's where Villian's 60% equity comes into play.