View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 06:58 AM

Default Re: 100 NL, limped pot, re-raise river?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If all the money goes in on the river I no longer like my chances of having the best hand...

[/ QUOTE ]I just think you're losing serious value from hands that aren't the nuts if you don't re-raise. You can't always just play the nuts. If you think you usually (>50% of the time) have the best hand given the river action so far, you should raise. If your read is that he only ever shoves with Ax spades, you can happily fold, but that doesn't make the raise wrong, because so long as he calls with worse more frequently than he has the Ace-high flush and shoves, the raise has a positive expectation.

[/ QUOTE ]

All well and good, my worry with this reasoning is that he may, if he has a baby flush, think that because of the line you took, you don't have a flush (clearly that's what he thought when he made that river bet).

So he concludes that he is against a str8, set or 2 pair or whatever. He shoves, which then folds out the best hand. He might also conclude this with the nut straight, in a way he is more likely to come to that conclusion with that hand. Because this is such an expensive and bad outcome for us, it may well eat up the gains we made from getting a call to a minraise.

I would guess raising subtracts as much value as it adds in this particular instance, or if it is +ev then only by an extremely thin margin. So, I just call.