View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 06:03 AM

Default Re: Since you all read this at Absolute Poker

[ QUOTE ]
from pokergrader[ QUOTE ]

But if you get an actual statement from AP:
a) It is presumably already more public
b) There is no trust issue for the common player, since it is coming from within the company

So Nat I am happy you are providing information to the people, but IMO it is better if you keep quiet regardless of what you know, and let the outrage (perhaps false outrage) build until AP is forced to say something officially.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would ease off on the criticisms a bit. N82 and adanthar have already been flamed in other threads for NOT disclosing absolutely everything they know (even when they have very good reasons for holding off on some reveations).

Having an official AP spokesperson on 2+2 would probably be preferable (if the clueless "I want to post just for the sake posting" types didn't flame them into oblivion). Since that is not the case, however, I'm glad to get what information I can from sources who are respected on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just let it be known nowhere in my post am I criticizing Nat or anybody else involved in this situation. They are intentionally being put in very difficult situations where there is no good solution. Leak too much and the company benefits, leak not enough and the community suffers. I also applaud what they did early on (and perhaps still) in terms of keeping information they had from AP to force a thorough investigation. However it seems to me this combative attitude has somewhat been defused, even though as far as I'm aware we still have yet to see any sort of official press release that isn't crap.

It just seems to me the best solution is for the purveyors of information to go to Absolute Poker and say "Whatever information you tell me will not be passed on. If you want to communicate with your members, do it yourselves." If this leads to wild and inaccurate discussions about what happened, it is just more incentive for AP to release a statement.

I also would like to point out that I know far less about the situation than either Nat or the other people in the know and it is very possible they are doing stuff behind the scenes that transcend any of these suggestions.