View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Re: I have a problem...

I have had I think 3 300 bb downswings and one for 450 bb and one for 400 BB in 130k hands of limit poker. During that same time I have had two 1600 bb upswings using the same criteria of looking at the hands using charts.

But I didn't know I had any of those swings until long after I was through them. I rmemember tilting a lot during one of them and studying it afterwards and seeing tons of leaks and stupidity but at the time I thought everyone else was just lucky as hell.

Of the 450 Bb downswing I think I tossed 150 bb away because of tilt in various ways - Playing too long when I became numb to losses, playing with ego against dolts, Playing scared and timid or too loose and abrasive at others. More to the point I played a lot of hands like that even when I was recovering, but this time I was getting lucky.

Its dangerous if you play without concentrating and playing solid logical poker. So you just have to look at each session and ask yourself the following question:

Did I play that session to the best of my ability and understanding?

If you can answer yes honestly then I guarantee the downswings will reduce in size.

You will still have them but your recovery will be much faster.

Remember each hand is totally independent of the ones before it, so swings in reality are figments of our imaginations.

If you have good bankroll management, it won't matter.