View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 06:40 PM

Default Re: pca step 2 question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tell me your friend doesn't think you should pass on a freeroll and fold here! I push this all day and twice on Sundays.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I do say fold here. From my perspective the BB on the big stack has more equity in the prize awarded for first and second place by folding here than by trying to bust this guy out for 3/5ths of his stack in a probably coinflip, or at best being somewhere about a 70% favorite vs one overcard or an 80% favorite over an even less-likely underpair.

I dunno, I figured that as the chipleader there are better opportunities to get your money in that don't involve risking your equity in first or second place. Personally I think I play good enough to wait for a better spot and try to chip away at the smaller stacks a bit more before trying to knock them out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the worst post I have seen in a strategy forum in months. Sorry, but it's true.

This is the easiest shove ever. It's even easier bc its basically a freeroll.

You are miles ahead of his raising range.

You have fold equity.

ITS A FREEROLL.

If you feel like you bubble pretty frequently it's probably because you aren't doing things like shoving mid-high pocket pairs 3 handed with fold equity.

Post less, read more.

P.S.- If 3rd place was sentenced to death, I would still shove this hand.