View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Another floor decision

[ QUOTE ]
Floor then said, "What do you want me to do?" I said, "I want you to make a decision".

[/ QUOTE ]

The floor asking a question like that tilts me.

I was at Bellagio last weekend in the 15/30 game. After a limp and a fold, the 2 seat put out six chips for a raise before the 3 seat had acted. The 1 seat folded and the 10 and 9 called, while the 2 noticed the 3 putting out six chips for a raise of her own. So 2 seat tries to three-bet, but the dealer tells him he can't, because others had acted on their hands. He and the 3 seat (who cleaerly know each other) erupt in protest, and after a little bit of arguing, I and someone else call the floor.

The dealer tells the floor what happened, the 2 and 3 tell a slightly distorted version of what happened, and then the 2 and 3 go back to arguing with the dealer. I say something to the effect of "Hey, we don't have to argue about this, we have the floor here," while wondering why the floor hasn't stepped in already. Floor shoots me a dirty look and asks "What do you want me to do?" as though it's possible that we called him over just because we thought he'd be interested in the discussion.

"I want you to make a ruling so we can keep playing."

So he apologizes to seats 2 and 3, reprimands seats 1, 9, and 10 for "playing too fast" and at least makes the correct ruling that since significant action occurred, seat 2 cannot three bet.

-McGee