View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Random musings from my recent Vegas trip.

- Went to Isla at TI for margaritas(HIGHLY recommended) first thing after checking in and arranged for Nath to meet us there. My wife asked what he looked like; "Kinda like a cross between Jim Morrison, Jesus, and Meatloaf". 5 minutes later, she identified him from 50 feet away. Nath is seriously considering a name change to "JimJesusLoaf".

- The freeroll poker tourney I was there for was, of course, a donkfest. Shootout rules set up like a Turbo SNG- YAY SKILL! First hand I get all in with I am racing K9o vs 55 when blinds hit 200-400 and I have 2600 chips. I hit my king on the turn, and softly say "five" after it hits, and magically a 5 comes off on the river. Unfortunately my omniscience for 5's coming off the deck was all too apparent
when the dealer had 16 in Blackjack too. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

- Some names in the freeroll; Bryant King, Young Phan and Jamal Williams , who actually made it to the second round. Supposedly Johnny Chan plays some high stakes baccarat at TI too, but alas, no Johnny.

- Nath showed up with MrTimCaum. From their looks alone, they are a buddy sitcom waiting to happen.

- Near as I can tell, Usher has been to three $1500+ event finals tables in LV(took 3rd one down SHIPITHOLLA!); I have been in LV all three times. Coincidence? I think not...

- My 85 year old grandmother came to LV for the first time in over 50 years. This woman hasn't stayed up past 10:30 pm in 20 years, but after she got in at ~2am to TI with no sleep on the plane, she stayed up until 5am playing slots until she was dragged upstairs to bed by her daughter and granddaughter. I tried showing her later how to play Video poker and Blackjack, but she was more comfortable with the slots.

-Funniest sights: Tie between seeing an asian high-roller betting $2k a hand standing on Soft 14 versus a dealer 6 and a very drunk man doubling down with a blackjack versus a dealer ten and losing...

- Personal Vegas records set this trip;

Most rooms attempted to get comped for: 4 ( previous record:2)

Most guests brought: 8 (previous record:5)

Biggest unit spread in double-deck blackjack(single bet division): 1-33($25 bet start to $825 bet by end of deal. Old record was around 1-20).

Most comps in a 24 hour period(may not all get comped tho [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]):
$350 for 6 tickets to Carrot Top (actually VERY funny)
$220 Dinner for 6 at Fusia in Luxor
$70 Breakfast for 4 at TI Buffet
$1250 for 12 tickets to Mystere
$950 for Dinner for 12 at Stack
~$200 in miscellaneous drinks, food.

Luckily, even if I end up having to pay for all of them, I still made solid $$$ for the trip. Card counting FTW.