View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on al

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Either show more hands or make more episodes like PAD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? PAD sucks, this show is great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? HSP in a PAD format with a 2-3 hr runtime is my ideal poker show. Imagine actually getting a feel for the flow of the game as opposed to heavy editing/7 hands in 40 minutes. Also what Barry said about people needling sammy for his river check leading him to pay off sammy in the J9 hand, that kind of stuff we miss and it has a big impact on the game.

Barry, thanks for posting here it adds a lot to these threads full of armchair QB's who can't beat 200NL.

I think one of the reasons Jamie Golds chatter is so often effective is because his opponents will many times over analyze his talk and start to second guess themselves. As someone said operating on several levels above him. For example in the KK AA hand, Farha was getting the KK signals loud and clear, but probably thought to himself if jamie really had KK why would he make it so blatantly obvious to me, maybe he's trying to suck me in with a set or something. No one wants to be induced into a bad decision because of JG's talk, esp with his reputation, but that plays into it in Jamie's favor.

Also when Guy said what his hand was during the action, yea that's gross misconduct but the he's a casual player and a major donator (when he's not running like jesus) so ppl will let it slide. Have to keep the whales happy.