View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on al

[ QUOTE ]

Dynasty, perhaps you missed all the times Sammy asks his opponent if they want to split or chop the pot, like in the QQ vs T7 hand after a ton of money went in (the worst is that Gabe condones the idea--"anything on HSP!"). Since when is it legal or normal to take money out of a pot? Wtf is Sammy doing? It's just the grossest display of poker imaginable, and the influence of these Jamie/Sammy antics is becoming increasingly noticeable throughout live poker now and has begun to make this once-simple game quite unpleasant, weird and annoying.

Sammy's whole M.O. seems to be to softplay and do as little actual gambling as possible. I think all he cares about is schmoozing and how cool he looks in front of the camera. And he might look cool, but the way he plays poker is pathetic. And Jamie Gold is the Antichrist of poker etiquette.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree what Sammy has been doing constantly asking to chop is silly I think he is just goofing around and trying to have a good time, he obviously likes to hear himself talk. Yes one time him and Eli actually chopped, but that was a HU pot and for the most part doesn't affect anybody else at the table. I know that technically it's not right because some of the money in the pot that they're chopping isn't theirs, but as long as it isn't something that happens more than once in a blue moon I don't see much harm in it. I bet that Sammy's antics have been mimiced by various live players who watch the show, which sucks but it's not something you really have any control over.

Sammy definitely is gambling a ton, are we watching the same show? He is probably playing the most hands other than Jamie and maybe Guy. He has made several insanely -EV gambley calls already on this season, like calling massive raises with K7o vs Hellmuth, T5s vs Esfandiari, and many other plays just like this. You can say his etiquette sucks and he looks like a douche, but you can't really say he hasn't been gambling, that's just not true at all. He has been splashing around a ridiculous amount.