View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Do you consider this angling?

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't sound like angling. It sounds like a terrible play, both for the purpose of winning money and keeping the game friendly.

I am not sure what she was complaining about. Maybe she disliked being lied to in an insultingly obvious fashion more than she liked the way you saved her $12.

When you see pros blabbing on TV while their opponents are deciding, the talkers are generally losing money at an astounding rate by not staying silent. To gain money from table talk, listen to what other people say instead of drawing attention to yourself and making people uncomfortable.

If you do want to try to influence a call or fold, only do it in heads-up pots, and then speak up about something irrelevant when it appears that your opponent is going to make the opposite action of what you want. Here, you risked an accusation of collusion to stop the woman from making a call you wanted her to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point(s). I agree it is a terrible play for the reasons you mentioned. Generally I don't say much at the table and almost never talk during a hand but for whatever reason I did this time.