View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Re: In addition

A couple thoughts:

-BBJ's are retarded, don't rake additional $ for it.

-You need to have more than just light snacks. You should order pizza or chinese or pasta every night. Whatever's cheap and close by, but you need to have food. Also, have a fridge and stock it with a couple brands of beer, some soda, and Red Bull. You may even want a bottle of whiskey/vodka.

-Just pull a red $5 chip out of each pot that goes to the flop. Players don't really notice the rake and if you're getting food and restocking drinks each week then you'll need a little more than '10% up to $3'.

-Don't worry so much about the chips. I'd get plastic ones because they're easier to clean than clay chips and it appears that they're a little cheaper. Just make sure that you get plenty of chips, and you should prob buy 5-10 chip racks too.

-Have a couple back up dealers at the game each night. One dealer for one table for the entire night is a bad idea, you're going to get fatigued and tired and you'll start making unnecessary mistakes if you don't take a break every hour or 2. Do you know anyone from the local colleges? Find some young guys who you trust and let them deal. They'll be pumped to make $150 or whatever in tips for 6-7 hours of dealing.

-Let players go on the book. Some guys only come to my game with like 2 buy ins, and I'll let certain players go on the book for 2-3 more. Sometimes they come back and win their way off the book, but I usually do a lot of collecting on Tuesdays. Whatever, it's a pain in the ass collecting, but keeping them at the game keeps other players happy, keeps the table full, and keeps my rake up. I'll only do this for reliable players whom I know have the money. If you're going to do this, though, you need to be prepared to pay out for that individual at the end of the night.

-Consider getting a drink girl? I use one, she makes the guys plates of the food I've ordered and brings drinks and stuff. My players mostly just like to look at/flirt with her, cause she wears next to nothing. She makes good money and my players are happy.

-Get a TV and have sports on. Also, consider taking bets.

These are just some suggestions, I run a $5/10 game every Monday and these are some observations from my game. GL.