View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Fire Again? Blind battle at NL25

Grandmelon, pf and flop are standard (or at least not bad)?

Peleus, thank you for your post. The middle of it was both well written and thought out. However, I have to disagree with the fact that you can make more playing ABC poker. There are so many spots at these levels to exploit that you might as well burn money if you are missing them (for the most part I will play pretty standard and very fast with all made hands and big draws, but marginal spots like this one can help a lot if you maximize your EV in them). I also really don't shy away from variance at all. As for not defending my blind, well thats just not my stlye with a hand that is ahead of his range and a minraise. You can argue for a call preflop and I wouldn't even say that is bad, but I lose the inititive in the hand at that point and will then be folding the majority of the flops when he cbets. Your discussion of the turn was what I was looking for though.

Marcus, OP reads a little choppy so sorry about that. I was trying to say that he should have a draw at least a signifiant portion of the time and very few of them are ahead of me. Its not that I'm necessarily putting his range strictly on draws although the donk bet on the flop and instacheck on the turn make me weight his range more that way. I don't think the pf raise is off at all in sizing really. I make it the same with any hand I 3bet if I have to do it over again. Also, if I bet again its as a bluff obv although I will be ahead of most/a lot of the draws he has. Sometimes he'll fold unerpairs and possible even a jack though and I expect most fullstacks to fold draws although thats probably optimistic of me. Thanks for thoughts on turn play though.

If I check I'm obviously folding all non-A rivers or checking behind. If I bet $10 its with the intention of it being the last money I put in the pot (will vbet AI on river aces if checked to). If I shove its because a draw is the majority of his range. More thoughts? I'll post the action I took and results tomorrow.