View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 11:00 PM

Default Re: the Silence is Deafening...the Iraq Study Group report

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

RECOMMENDATION 19: The President and the leadership of his national security team should remain in close and frequent contact with the Iraqi leadership. These contacts must convey a clear message: there must be action by the Iraqi government to make substantial progress toward the achievement of milestones. In public diplomacy, the President should convey as much detail as possible about the substance of these exchanges in order to keep the American people, the Iraqi people, and the countries in the region well informed.

I think it's lame because I don't think a study group needs to be commissioned to come up with something like that. I could get the same recommendation from folks at the local tavern.

[/ QUOTE ]Try to read this the other way around. The fact that we need study groupd to recommened this, means that someone is not doing something that should be elementary. Translation of Recommendation: "The administration must do the obvious. The fact that we need to spell out the obvious to the administration does not mean we are doing a redundant job; it means the administration is shortsighted."

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LMAO. If you dont think that someone senior in the administration talks to al-Malaki more than once every day of the week youre even denser than I thought.