View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 08:58 PM

Default Which size of table to play? (STT)

Hey guys, this is a question that has been bugging me for a while now.

I'm currently playing with a very small bankroll (~$30 on Pokerstars) and the buy-ins that seem most appealing to me right now are the $1.5+0.25 turbos and $1+0.2 regulars. I've mostly been playing the turbos (which are 18-seater), but for the $1.2 games there are three sizes of table available: 9, 18 & 45.

Now I know just comparing the number of money spots with the number of players entering can give me a rough idea which is better to play, such as below:

3/9 = 33.3%
4/18 = 22.2%
7/45 = 15.6%

Indicates to me that the 9-seater should result in me hitting the money more often...but...I'm not mathematically-minded enough to translate the different winnings you can make for each position into a more solid idea of which STT is better. Just to explain a bit more.

Is a 33.3% chance of getting $4.5, $2.7 or $1.8 better than a 22.2% chance of getting $7.2, $5.4, $3.6 or $1.8 or lastly a 15.6% chance of getting $14, $10, $7, $5, $4, $3 or $2?

Hopefully it's clear what I'm asking...

I did have one other question just as an aside. The logical next step seems to be a combination of the $3+0.25 & $3+0.4 tables, but I wonder what would be a safe bankroll to have before I move up to them? Assuming I do manage to play winning poker of course. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance!