View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Farha on Omaha - Anybody read it yet?

I just got done reading the limit Omaha and Pot Limit Omaha section this weekend. As a player who have played Omaha for a little over a year and have read a few books on this game I found the book to be helpful in some regard. There were certainly ideas in the book that I found helpful. Sammy's main idea in Omaha especially in Pot Limit is to push push push. Aggression is the key to the game! He even advocate raising every hand pre-flop if you choose to play. However like many of the reviews so far, the structure of the book could have been better. In the Pot Limit and Limit section, the author broke it down to a before the flop, on the flop and beyone the flop sections. So the structure is not as good as 2+2 books. Overall I feel that the book will be helpful to beginners, provide some extra insight to novice players but will not do much for advance players. I am still holding my breath that 2+2 will come out with a Limit and Pot Limit Omaha Book for advance players in the near future.