View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]
AP still has some serious questions to answer before this is over.

Like why did they participate in a cover-up.

[/ QUOTE ]

probably has something to do with the shareholders of MIT. As soon as this hit the main stream press, they had to devise a way to minimize losses.

"With an investment of $4 million, MIT provides Internet services to some of the world's most visible businesses. "I can't name names," says Norton, "because some of our business customers are competitors. Complete confidentiality and security is key. But I can say that you'd immediately recognize most of these major financial, health and educational institutions."

MIT prides itself on providing a full slate of services for big business, including common infrastructure and technical services such as a Network Operations Centre and a Customer Support Centre. These are designed to monitor network performance, answer customer queries and respond to service interruptions. Hosting and access, consulting and support, and MIT affiliate programs and services are also available.

What sets MIT apart from other co-location ISPs? "It's definitely our advanced technology," emphasizes Norton, "as well as our unique combination of services." The facility boasts state-of-the-art server room facilities, with superior network infrastructure, raised flooring, air conditioning and a clean-room environment. "In this business, security is paramount, so we offer 24/7 physical security, including multiple cameras, intrusion alarm systems and regular security patrols."

seems to me some of those "major financial, health and educational institutions" are probably having concerns about their "complete confidentiality and security".

Anybody look to see how MIT is doing in the market today?