View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: The Official \"Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007\" Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dallas hadn't allowed an offensive TD in something like 9 quarters coming into this game.....they don't count as "playing a defense"? Perhaps we should make a list of which defenses count now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, Assani come on now. Dallas has a pretty good D but they aren't outstanding and those D numbers were slightly inflated due to playing Buffalo last week, St. Louis (Bulger broken ribs, SJax out, Oline basically out) the week before that, and Chi and Mia before that. None of those teams have any weapons offensively nor are they good offensive teams.

I am not saying Dallas won't be a 9-12th ranked defensive team at the end of the year but that is just a better than average defense. That is good for them b/c their offense is so good.

And I also got a kick out of you posting this:

[ QUOTE ]
Kitna is only on pace for around 4200 yards now.

Chad Pennington's QB rating is now 89.3(not including today's game I think).

Carson Palmer now has 12 TDs through 5 games....on pace for 38.

None of those QBs you listed in your first group have stayed fully heathy and are still on pace to tie or break the record of only 4 INTs(you would need to have 1 or less right now).

Garrard and Garcia still havn't thrown a pick....very very impressive, and if they go one or two more games without any then I think its start to talk about them and the record.

Down to 2 undefeated QBs. They play (I think in week 9 or 10).

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize in my OP I was joking right?

Anyway, Brady is unfortunately going to slow down considerably--this sucks b/c he is my FF QB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I obviously understood that you were joking in that you didn't actually think those guys would all break records. But I think you were trying to make a point of "Its early. tons of players get off to hot starts and then fade, so its way to early to say this."