View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Shortcuts - new ahk script

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FTS was working fine until this past week. Now it consistently takes up 15-50% of CPU usage according to task manager. The spikes occur whenever I am actually sitting and playing at one or more tables. I just downloaded the newest version of FTS and still have this problem. Any ideas about what is causing this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just did a check, and it does appear that FTS is using more cpu time that it used to. On my little 1GHz machine it is using about 20% cpu, and it used to be under 10%. I checked it with an older version of FTS, and it is about the same. I know Full Tilt did 2 updates on Friday, and I can't think of why that would cause an increase, but I will look into it. If anyone else has noticed any clues, please let me know.
nano

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that FTS uses 1-5% when I'm not active on a table for awhile, and then spikes to 30-50% instantly when I click fold or bet. I tried removing my table mod and using the original setup and it didn't help.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been looking at this tonight...
Try disabling the Auto reload feature, by setting the Auto-Reload Point to 0 (on the chips tab).
when I do this I get near 0 cpu percentages.
Do you get that on yours?
nano

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, this fixed it completely. 0-5% cpu usage. Thanks for the quick help.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I added the code to allow for any table size (a few versions ago), the software now uses some additional cpu time to read the player's stack size. If the player has a lot of tables open (more than 6), the amount of cpu time used can be considerable. The code (that checks to see if an auto-reload of chips is necessary) continually checks the player's stack size on each open table. Currently it does this every .5 seconds. In the next release I will change this so that it checks each table less frequently, and consequently it will use less average cpu time. If you don't want to use the auto-reload feature, you can disable it on the Chips tab by setting the "Auto-Reload point" to 0.

nano