View Single Post
Old 09-23-2007, 03:31 AM

Default Re: 2007 Pac 10 football thread

[ QUOTE ]
What a night at Sun Devil Stadium! The 44-32 score in favor of the Devils is not indicative of how well the team played. They spotted the Beavers a 19-0 lead before going on a 44-7 run. The pass rush was still bad, but it looked the best it's looked all season. The five picks was sweet. The most amazing thing is, for the first time since the Larry Marmie era, we have d-backs that actually have some clue where the ball is. At least one of the picks and one pass defensed go for OSU touchdowns under Snyder/Koetter. Back then the d-back would try and face guard instead of making a play on the ball. Bernard had over 100 on the ground, but 50 came on the first play from scrimmage. Overall, the run defense did a good job.

It looked like OSU was trying to bottle up the middle, because while Torain had no room to run whatsoever, ASU was able to go deep just about any time they wanted. CArpenter looked good. The recieving core is deep and talented. We got our first look at true fresman Kerry Taylor tonight.

Overall, I'd say this was their most complete performance, offenseively and defensively. Gives me a lot of hope for that 7-0 start we all want. The Devils should be ranked #25 in one poll and just outside in the other going into next weeks game at Stanford.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wish I'd have seen this game. We were watching the ticker and it looked like a great one.

Wild week in the Pac10. Not looking forward to visiting the Sun Devils.

b