View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: NL50 - AA c/r\'d on flop

[ QUOTE ]
I get that you'd check flop to get value from pp, but what yould you do if you held AQ on K high flop. I would bet it and thats why I have to bet AK or AA hand (basicly hand that hits). How can i cbet flops that miss me and check flops that I hit?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had AQ I would CB and if I am played back at I can confidently fold. You are assuming to much when you think villian will think "hmmm last time we were heads up on a big card/two small rag flop he checked behind with AA for pot control. But this time he is betting! That must mean he whiffed and is just trying to take it down right now because if he has something he would have checked. Time to check/raise him out of his seat with my fours!!"

And this assumes you are in a pot vs a regular. This is just a random unknown. People do not get fancy at full ring. You CAN take obvious bet when I miss on ragged flops/ check behind when I hit lines because THEY DO NOT PAY THAT CLOSE ATTENTION NOR DO THEY UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF POT CONTROL. At least most don't. And I wasn't yelling that was merely emphasis.

Of course on the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or other coordinated flops I am checking behind AQ as well so even if they do pay attention they will notice I am not always betting when I whiff. Almost all opponents at 50 NL do not understand flop texture. And the ones that do are too busy 8 tabling to get out of line vs you.

And of course, I'm betting flops that I hit hard, sets, two pair, flush draw with over/overs, pair with flush draw, str8 with overs, and naked str8 and flush draws for balance. So it should not be apparent to them that you simply betting when you miss and checking when you hit.