View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Re: EPT Barcelona, Bluffing and Catching bluffs

hand 1: perfect turn card for that play. are you following through on a brick if he calls?

hand 2: meh nobody believes that on the Internet and he's from the Internet so I dislike it

hand 3: he's not from the Internet so he'll probably fold

hand 4: I fold cause even if he's bluffing a lot here it'll be very hard to call on so many rivers...and he'll probably be playing optimally on many of them too. blah, this is a sick spot.

hand 5: kinda like this one if you picked up a live tell, but if not, he's betting the wrong card for this call to be good. edit: actually, I changed my mind, live players don't think on that level so I like it period.

hand 6: it always seems like a good place to try it and then you always get called by queens. I've decided that when I do this, it's going to be with a better read than 'first hand of the day vs. some random scandi who put in 25% of his stack already'. note that nath is probably gonna love it.

hand 7: this is much much much worse if you showed 6 down than if you didn't.

hand 8: stack sizes matter but the gist of it is: folding here feels like the dumbest thing ever. it's also correct because his coldcall is such a "I'm trapping with a hand that doesn't wanna call a shove" move and he's so obviously hit this flop. it's never a bluff (I guess I should say almost never but I've never seen it once with that exact raise size) and for every time he has exactly 54 there's like a dozen AJ+'s. also, it matters if he can see your holecards.