View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: How do you handle this one? (Bad conduct and worse conduct)

Demanding the floor come over to deal with something going on between other players is a bit much. If I think some newbie is being bullied by someone or is too new to understand what's afoot, I MIGHT during a hand say "if you don't like this, just ask for the floor". But when the players are big boys who already know the floor exists and what his role is, there's no reason at all for me to say something. And I'm never calling for the floor myself unless there's something egregiously bad happening (can't really imagine what that might be, offhand, but I'm sure there's something).

But there's also the issue that this is still mid-hand. If a player still involved gets upset over AJ showing his hand he's giving away information. Exactly this happened to me once, and I was stuck having to sit quietly swallowing some considerable annoyance after a guy showed the 2nd nuts while I held the real nuts while I waited for the hand to play out. So you jumping in demanding the floor do something about this while the hand is still progressing is bad...you're almost insisting that any player still involved who's upset because he can actually beat AJ say so.

So this particular case is a STFU situation, I think. There's nothing the floor can do at that point, anyway, so FIRST let the hand end.

After it's over, feel free to tell AJ why what he did was a problem. If AJ gives you back attitude ("I'll show my cards anytime I please"), if you want to escalate it THEN call for the floor. Again, floor will do nothing but he can tell the guy to knock it off so if it happens again maybe AJ will be sent home.