Thread: assani
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 09:37 AM

Default Re: assani

I don't know that I have a whole lot more to say about what happened with Yeti. Earlier in the thread I mentioned why I felt like I was bound to do that. Clearly that's not the case, though. I could have just dealt with it the way I was initially going to and changed the sticky if the subject continued long enough to make me think of it. So yeah I did make a mistake.

What's important to me is that you guys know I'm doing the best I can with things. My whole idea of how to approach mod stuff here is to be reasonable but not a weenie, to always listen and constantly reevaluate my own positions with as much of an open mind as I can muster. I'll screw that up along the way again, I'm sure. But nothing could bother me more than people thinking I'm gazing down from some tower, not willing to budge or give a [censored] about their views. If you don't like something I'm doing, it's worth noting NT's comments in this thread. It's easier to do things better when I hear from you guys. So please feel free to speak up, and don't assume I'll take it personally.

Aside from anything that happened with me here, I'm concerned that many of us are so at each other's throats. They'll always be arguements, but it almost seems like it's at a point that it's become a real problem for the environment here. This needs to be more fun.

Why do you guys think that is? Is it just that some views are so radically different, or is it more straight animosity between mods? Personally I think we should be more respectful of each other and not neglect that there are real people behind these avatars. I include myself with that too.

Maybe we just need more ice cream? I don't know...