Thread: Binion's news
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Binion\'s news

I promised Gary that I would put out the word on some stuff going on at the B. They are trying hard to put Binion's back on the poker map. (Also posted at AVP.)

Binion's is trying really hard to get players into the poker room. Gary, the manager, is a nice guy and has a mandate from his bosses to do whatever it takes to make the room go.

Binions give $2/hr in comps.
Rakes on games other than $2/$4 are 5% with a max of $4. The 4/8 O8 game has a $2 max! (Wish I played O8.)

Starting March 1st, playing 60 hours during April and May gets you into a $10,000 Freeroll. 80 hours gets an additional 1000 starting chips (up from 2,000).

Starting Sat the 3rd, every 2 p.m tournament will be a $10,000 GUARANTEED prize pool. No minimum number of players entered. If 4 show up, Gary says, they can chop for $2500. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Buy in is $70 with a $40 rebuy/addon.

Finally, there will be a $1,000,000 tournament in connection the the Vegas Grand Prix. $500+$50 entry. Satellites on Sat and SuperSats on Tues. Tournament is April 7.

Binions is trying, guys. $2/hr in comps and 5% rakes are the best deal in Vegas. Hopefully, the games will pick up. It's far better than it was when I first came to town. Good reason to go downtown.

CJ