Thread: Bans
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Bans

[ QUOTE ]
if you think i am going to get into a ten part PM convo every time some tard can't understand that his particular medical problem is not OOT material, get bent.

[/ QUOTE ]

There may be some misconception about my views on this. No, I'm not suggesting you do that. At most it should only ever require 2 PMs in the current software. Use of the infraction system in vB will help out with some of that too. People will sometimes want to argue with you, of course, but the warning was never intended to be a whole lot of discussion. When I say talk to people I mean that more generally polite warnings would be nice instead. How much you want to discuss with them after that is personal preference.

You guys sometimes mention not wanting to have to do more. I don't believe I'm asking for that. I'm actually suggesting that you do less of something and replace it with whatever else. Regardless, we still need to discuss the infraction system. It's not going to be like some separate thing that can always be ignored or used whenever. Integrating it with how the site is moderated is an important thing to figure out before we get there. If nobody has alternatives for that, I'll go with the 50 points idea.