View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 10:27 AM

Default Can very loose .25/.50 SH be beat?

I'm a consistent winning, solid live NL player but I don't like NL too much - just don't have much choice, limit isn't played where I live. I like limit instead so my only reasonable choice is to play online. I have enough reading and postflop skills to beat 1/2, 2/4 and 3/6 shorthanded consistently on the site I play on. Didn't try anything higher so far.

The site I play on is very good, it has plenty of fish any time of the day.

Lately I've tried .25/.50 shorthanded on the site I play. Results were very bad. I logged a few thousands of hands of pure loss. I'd like to get advice on how to adapt my play to opposition who you can't put on a hand range - at all.

An average player will call any two cards preflop for any amount of bets. They will call any bet on the flop about 80% of the time, whether they have hit or not. They will call the turn if they have any kind of a draw or a high card that's not out there yet. They will call the river with Ace high or better most of the time. I.e.: if they hold J4o at the button and UTG raises, they will call 2 cold nearly always, and call any raise on a 89A flop (there is a 8 and an 9 and they can make a straight later).

How do you play against those guys? There is usually at least 4 to the flop, 3 to the river.

I've tried playng TAG, LAG, anything in between. I just loose and get schooled consistently. I can't wait to hit the nuts because it's SH and the blinds come around quickly enough.