View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: uNL: you are weak-tight.

There are some good points in this thread about what the better style of play might be, and that at the micros, some level of weak tight lines are fine.

But I don't think that's necessarily the main point Pokey was getting at, in the way he was describing weak tight, or at least that wasn't what I took away from his post. I think where he was going with this is that if you think your opponents will act differently depending on whether you have a hand, that's not good.

So, regardless of the correct lines to take in the sample hands he used, the villains should be reacting the same.

If you don't bluff on the river because it's burning money at the micros, fine, but you should then be making large value bets when you have a strong hand. If you're convinced that you have to bet small on the river with a strong hand because otherwise your opponent will fold, you should also be willing to bluff 3/4 pot on the river with air. I think the first scenario is more likely than the second, but regardless, you should act "consistently."

Thanks for another quality post, Pokey [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]