View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul introduces \"Tax Free Tip\" Legislation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gold standard could be applied to our money at a much lower rate than it was in the past, making it worth exactly what its worth for gold on the open market, doing nothing but removing the ability for the fed to PRINT money and devalue the currency any further! why does no one understand this?

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't understand, because they're not even aware that the fed is devaluing the the currency.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seemed to have missed my understanding of economics.

I hope to hell Paul's suggestion that going any where near the gold standard gains wide acceptance, let alone any hearings, if it actually came to pass I'd be happier than anyone I know.

I'm so over loaded in gold related invenstments a small precentage move in gold and I could pay a buy-in to a couple of WSOP type events. A nice move and I could go on a private jet.

I have a good idea of how badly the Fed is devaluing the US currency. Hell I'll go you one further our school system has so devalued this country all I have to decide is which foriegn currency to cash into when I get out of my gold positions. The American people have gotten so lazy and litigious in general that they expect everyone or at least some one to pay for any stupid thing they do to themselves.

I don't think the US is comming fully back any time soon. Well my investments are set up so if it happens in my lifetime I had to make some minor changes.

My kids are on their own. Well they'll get whatever I don't manage to spend and the IRS doesn't get.

Personally my philisophy of proper financal management is based on the dream of the last check I write bouncing.

D$D