View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Describe the Lounge

[ QUOTE ]
I'd agree with Number and daveT both.

I don't have much time to respond, as I have to shower soon, but I'll throw down some anyway.

To me, this forum has a much different poster-personality feel than EDF (which is, to me, way more similar to Lounge than OOT is...and I read both). The Lounge is a little smaller feel to it and the topics are, indeed, less diverse than in EDF.

I think that loosening the reigns a little bit was a great move for the Lounge. I used to be intimidated to post here (though I'm not sure the 'tight reigns' was the reason). I'd say it was because I was timid that I didn't have much to contribute to the threads, mostly based on my age (read: lack of life experience).

Nothing has really changed on that front. I still feel like I'm on the lower level of frequent Loungers in terms of what I can contribute to threads. The only difference is that I realized that as long as I try to articulate my thoughts clearly, no one is going to call me out on it by doing anything more than carrying on a civil dialogue.

This is just a basic impression of my view of the Lounge. Obviously it may not help at all, and certainly it isn't some recommendation of what to write. But it's one posters view of it, nonethless.

[/ QUOTE ]

SoloAJ may have hit the nail on the head with those two words.