View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Describe the Lounge

As we're coming up on moving the forums over to vBulletin, there's been some talk of other improvements we could make while we're at it. One that came up was redoing some of the forum descriptions on the Main Index. Here's the current one for the Lounge:

The Lounge: Discussion+Review
For discussion and debate about arts, movies+TV, music, reading+literature, style, fashion, history, culture and many more subjects

I probably should remember, but I don't actually recall if that's the original description from the birth of the Lounge or if that's something DB, Sniper, and I put together after we started the movement towards opening up the Lounge and relaxing the controls on content. Either way, we could maybe stand to rework it. Do you guys think we could reword the description somewhat to perhaps better describe the forum, attract new members, and perhaps better differentiate us from the other OT 2+2 communities? For reference, here are the current description for the other 3 forums:

Other Other Topics
Discussion of arts & entertainment, pop culture, food & drink, health and exercise, fashion, relationships, work, and just about anything else in life except poker, sports, religion and politics.

El Diablo's General Discussion
Interesting discussion of any and all topics, including Current Events, Entertainment, Politics, Art & Literature, Career, Hobbies, Lifestyle, Travel, Sports, and Gambling. Posts are expected to be intelligent, interesting, and respectful.

BBV4Life
And here's where you put your life's whines and wins.