View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Wife offers deal

[ QUOTE ]
My wife has offered me 1k for a strictly tourny bankrool. There are small, $40-$50, daily tournys here in LA as well as $100's and bigger. The caveat (isn't there always a caveat?) is that after the original 1k is re-paid, 50% of any prize money goes to household expenses and the rest is mine. The $40's pay about 2k for a win. As I currently pay my own buy-ins it appears to be a win-win, but the deal seems to be a longterm loser as it impacts my expected roi using my own money. I only have time to play a tourny, maybe 2 a week. Am I overthinking this? Anyone have thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll come out of the MTTc woodwork to say...

Trust me, this is a horrible idea. Just have your own Poker bankroll. If the two of you aren't comfortable with it, then don't have a poker bankroll.

Making logistics like this will drive you nuts, there is 0% chance she'll understand the swings, or in general, the nature of maintaining a poker bankroll.

If it's important to you, let her know that and make her compromise by having it as a hobby of yours. If she can't make that compromise, then maybe it's not right for your relationship.

My two cents.