View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Re: The Engineer is yellow...

First of all welcome back BluffTHIS. I have missed your point of view, even when I disagree with it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] .

This looks like an acceptable compromise, given the situation, so I wont make a long comment.

But as Bluff has done a better job of presenting Mason's point of view than Mason, let me take a brief stab at TE's side: TE started, here and on a few other boards, telling the plain 'ole players just what they could do to help, and specifically how they could do it. Both his assistance to, and motivation of, the "masses" were invaluable to the cause of legal poker. Eventually he did most of his work here on 2+2 because, to 2+2's credit, here is where the action (readership) is. Soon he became both a part of the action and a partial cause of it. Eventually his efforts were so noticeable that the PPA asked him to join up by becoming a member of the board. TE took the position only because he thought it would help achieve even more for the cause of legal poker. Part of that help was to take the issues 2+2 management and posters have, and try and get the PPA to address them. He really wanted to bridge the gap, and actively worked to do so.

Is it any surprise that he feels a bit let down that as a reward for all his efforts his 2+2 posts can no longer be his, but now must be the PPA's, to one degree or another?

Of course MM (and Bluff) have legitimate points (I just dont think they are IMPORTANT legitimate points, at least not now). So to them, letting TE continue on as before appears to imply that they have already had their issues addressed. As much as I understand that, making TE the focus of making this point was, IMHO, misdirected and counterproductive. The best voice for getting MM's issues addressed was TE precisely because he was a member of this community first. Now he is just another PPA representative TO this community. The difference will be felt - but hopefully not to a degree that will hurt the overall cause.

Skallagrim