View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: How will the videos help one\'s live game?

[ QUOTE ]
I think Catus Jack could answer this fairly easy. We have other members that play mostly live like, MickeyWins and HollywoodDB. I'm a live player at heart and I know that watching DD and Entity's videos have helped my game a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't answer anything easily. Brevity isn't my thing.

Online: 18K hands -$2.25
Live: last 11 sessions +$1398 ($5.8BB/hr???)

Those live sessions came after 4 months of intensive training from a great coach and the help of good books, and the videos and advice from Deuces Cracked. It's impossible to estimate how much I got out of the videos, but I know absolutely I wouldn't be where I am now without them. Coach said I've progressed as far in six months as he did in two years. First, I had a better coach, and second, I had the advantage of watching the videos where he didn't have them. That should say something, as I'm not nearly as smart as he is.

Online, I suck at poker. Live, I've got a huge edge over players at the local 4/8 games. All of it together has kinda transformed me from a weak/tight/nit local into a ballcap kid who looks like a weak/tight/nit local.

I've got a long way to go, but I've come a long way.

A friend of a friend was listening to me talk about what I've been doing and said, "you're not a 4/8 player anymore, but a 30/60 player playing 4/8." That's the nicest thing anyone ever said to me. (Aside from that time when she said I was the World's Greatest Lover.)

See? So much for explaining easily. Hope it helps. (or tl;dr)

CJ