View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 05:10 AM

Default Re: Does Villian have odds to call with pockets??

Yeah cold calling raises is fine, when you are in lp you can cold call loads of suited stuff if you know the raiser is the kind to stack off with a big pair regardless. Calling with pps to set mine is good to. If you are at a more aggressive table then 3 betting rather than calling can be good but this depends a lot on the early raiser.

In limit I always remember cold calling only ever being ok when the pot was multiway so you had your implied odds. In NL calling even HU is often fine, especially when you are both deeper than 100BB, and in position.

I think the more useful fish numbers in NL are went to showdown and won $ showdown. These give a good indication if the player only shows down the nuts or is happy to call to showdown with any old crap. Also useful is the river aggression and bet frequency, finding somebody who wont call a river value bet but will almost always bluff 1/2+ of the pot on the river when you check to them are gold. In limit you can get 1BB out of them, in NL by the river that 1/2 pot could easily be 15ptbb!