View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Talking poker outside 2p2

[ QUOTE ]
And hopefully it will stay this way. If everyone understood the ins and outs of gambling it would be horrible. So cmon guys be carefull what you wish for, and at least you can make it more fun by saying something along the lines " I am such a degen and gambler that no one will be ever jealous"

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think a single person on the planet, including Sklansky, understands every single in and out of gambling. Seriously.

But if all people had a better understading of gambling than they do now then things would be much better.
People would still suck at it but I think some of the misconceptions that the anti-gambling lawmakers might have would be lessened significantly.

About talking poker with other people: I really just don't do it.
Sometimes I get roped into it and I just try to be as vague as possible.
My favorite is when somebody is all excited to tell me about some hand they saw on TV, "The first guy had an ace and a king...and the other gy had a pair of 7's...and the first guys went all-in...and then the other guy was thinking and thinking about it and then he called!!! And then the one guy hit 3 of a kind!!!"
note, I did not ask WHICH one guy hit 3 of a kind because I really didn't care.
The way people describe hands to me that they saw on TV is similar to some guy who watched a football game, "OMG!! Some team got the ball first and then they scored,...and then the other team was about to score but they fumbled instead and it was all very exciting!!"