View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Good Luck Hunters!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I read an article somewhere focusing on the decline in the number of active hunters per year and how this was disconcerting to animal rights activists who receive substantial funding from the fees associated with hunting...

I personally would love to try hunting but none of my friends hunt and I'm not sure where to start.

[/ QUOTE ]
Start reading. I don't know where you live, but I assume you'll have to take a test to get a license first, and once you've done that you should network. You'll meet someone who will hunt with you.

Some areas even have programs that partner new hunters with existing hunters so they can learn. Ask your local hunting authority about these sort of programs, they are inevitably more than happy to help you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Afaik, the fees associated with hunting licenses and habitat fees, at least in my area, only contribute to the DNR and other conservation programs. Also, at the risk of getting flamed ferociously, hunters actually contribute more to saving wildlife and their habitat than all other organizations combined.

Flame Away