View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Omaha Hi/Low Starting hands

What do you all think of playing the hand Ah2h2c2s from the dealer with lots of preflop limpers and lots of postflop action.
If you would play that hand knowing there is a greater chance that should you hit a low hand you will have the nuts low is there more chance or less chance of you playing AhAcAs2h
Would you play and why? - does one of your aces need to be suited to play? would you need position to play?

Any thoughts would be welcome - ty

<font color="green">Hi Stuart - Somehow I can't reply in the usual way to this particular post. I don't know why. Some glitch in the system, I guess. Perhaps others are also having the same difficulty.

I get the following message:<ul type="square">We cannot proceed.
The form you have submitted is no longer valid.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.[/list]
[ QUOTE ]
What do you all think of playing the hand Ah2h2c2s from the dealer with lots of preflop limpers and lots of postflop action.

[/ QUOTE ]I would play it.

[ QUOTE ]
If you would play that hand knowing there is a greater chance that should you hit a low hand you will have the nuts low is there more chance or less chance of you playing AhAcAs2h

[/ QUOTE ]The two hands have the same chance of making and winning low.

However, AAA2s is a better hand than A222s because it scoops more. (Two of the aces can work with a board pair to make two pairs. For example if the board on the river is
3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],
and if nobody is still playing a hand with an eight, AAA2s probably scoops. A222s probably does not.

[ QUOTE ]
Would you play and why?

[/ QUOTE ]Is the question still about Ah2h2c2s? I'd play it because I think playing it has a positive expectation.

[ QUOTE ]
- does one of your aces need to be suited to play?

[/ QUOTE ]It's clearly better if suited. If not suited, whether or not I played it would depend on a number of factors, mainly on opinions about interactions with various opponents.

[ QUOTE ]
would you need position to play?

[/ QUOTE ]No.

Buzz</font>